Comment at end
13th May 2010
COMMENTS AT THE BAN BLAIR-BAITING PETITION
For some time I have been linking the Ban Blair-Baiting petition at the top of each post. It is not my petition but I always use it. I think it is important. It has been slow-moving, as human nature indicates it might; people are more inclined to petition against than for any project, idea or cause. After all, that’s why most of us vote – to get or keep out those with whom we most disagree.
There have been two comments at the petition since Labour’s demise.
- “Look what’s happened to Labour without Blair. You left wing ultra scum should be ashamed of yourselves letting the Tories back in!”
- “Although we need the government to work as a team every team requires a leader. Tony Blair when Prime Minister demonstrated the necessary leadership qualities.”
IRE & CLUCK -THE NEW COLLECTIVE
As someone who thinks that Tony Blair was and still is a great leader, I’d like people to vote and think positively and sign the petition because it is supportive of Mr Blair, his leadership and his legacy.
But ‘leadership’ is up for grabs in this new dawn. It is now a collective, better to spread the praise blame.
Right now we have the contradictory though admittedly edifying vision of the parties of variants of Individual Responsibility Engaging (IRE for short.)
And so marches into Day Two or is it Three of the so-called ‘Con-Dem’ coalition of Conservatives & Lib Dems. (The likelihood of the ‘CON-DEM’ jibe is possibly one reason why Mr Cameron refers to it as ‘Liberal Conservative’.)
Condemned by their own shortcomings?
Perhaps Labour’s current shattered state and our new unforeseen Coalition Leadership of the Unlikely & Concerned Kingmakers (CLUCK) will alter our negativity and get us all into positive thinking. Perhaps.
Meanwhile, in the absence of leadership, vision and direction – where now for the People’s Party?
- Guardian: Exclusive pictures of Gordon Brown’s last hours at Number 10
- Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks attacked by Islamist fundamentalists – in SWEDEN!
- How Dastardly Dave & Nicely Nicely Nick played a Lib Dem/Con blinder
- Clegg is now Deputy PM!!! Jeez! AND we might be stuck with them for 5 years whether we like it or not!
- JUST LIKE THAT – David Cameron is our new Prime Minister
- Britain’s new PM, David Cameron, has already broken one of Tony Blair’s records
- Gordon Brown announces his resignation as Prime Minister