Comment at end
16th June 2010
Just to show that other countries have versions of – ‘fog over Britain. Europe cut off’ – take a glance at this (my bolding):
“Netanyahu is a superman in his party. There’s no one in his party to stop him. Likud is the most right-wing party in the coalition; it is also the most left-wing party in the coalition. All the satellite parties are virtually irrelevant. They are led by lame duck politicians, all of them who have no political future, so Netanyahu is completely unrestrained politically. Nothing is standing in his way in internal Israeli politics. The only real pressure he’s under comes from the White House and the world.”
It’s from an interview with the Jerusalem Post’s Gil Hoffman – ‘The World Is Crazy And Netanyahu’s Under A Lot Of Pressure’, at the Jewish Press, described at its site as ‘America’s largest independent Jewish weekly’.
- France: Broadcast authority orders Hamas TV off air
- Seven reasons why Israel will not lift the Gaza blockade
- Bit of fun here – Get Blair to chair BP. Well, I suppose that’s one way to get Obama back onside “America’s closest ally”. But we can’t have him passing out with Mid-East/White House exhaustion or whatever it was that hit General Petraeus yesterday.
- CNN: Flotilla Inquiry
- On Middle East peace – from Foreign Policy – So, why have we failed?
- Saudis deny airspace is open for Israel