20th June, 2010
WHEN “LYING” IS REALLY ONLY “CROPPING” THE TRUTH
Excerpts, accompanyng the pictures:
An injured Israeli soldier on board the Mavi Marmara during the military raid on May 31. A propaganda war has emerged between Israel and pro-Palestinian activists about what occurred that morning. In this picture a knife can be seen in the hand of a pro-Gaza activist.
However, the picture that Reuters sent to its clients in the media had the knife cropped out. It was the Turkish newspaper Hürriyet that released the original photograph.
CROPPING AWAY THE TRUTH TO THEIR HEARTS’ CONTENT
But, of course, no-one was lying or intending to mislead over the violent intent and actions of the peace-loving, peace making peace activists!
No question of that. They were just making the picture a little better focussed on the main issue – the injured, subdued, “defeated” Israeli marine.
RELATED & ETCETERA
- 1. FROM CIFWATCH – This is a great read. Brilliantly done: Shocking revelations at The Guardian
- 2. Islamic hate preacher banned and Muslim Council of Britain’s reaction to the banning
- The above site, Exposing Islam, reminds me of this: Al Qaeda leader in Britain who threatened Brown and Blair pleads guilty. So? Is he in jail yet? What do YOU think. Must check.
- 3. Hizb ut-Tahrir’s annual jihadi recruitment drive in Chicago. Chicago? Isn’t that Obama’s city? Banning them yet, Big O?
- Jihad Watch: Jaw-dropper. 25 former Gitmo detainees return to militancy despite Saudi rehab program. ‘You mean it didn’t work?’, asks Jihad Watch. WOW. Now there’s a surprise.
4. At the St Petersburg Economic Forum Medvedev urges”stronger efforts” in Mid East peace process, and talks to friends in the region.
‘Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said on Friday tensions in the Middle East had not eased and called for further efforts to advance the peace process.
“Strong efforts are needed just to improve the situation, let alone resolve it,” Medvedev said.
He said the situation in the Middle East had not improved since his visit to the Arab League headquarters in June 2009.
“The Palestinian issue is very complicated. The Gaza Strip is in a critical condition. It is deteriorating more and more each day. Therefore, much depends on the position of our countries,” Medvedev said in reference to Russia and Arab League countries during a meeting with Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa, who is also participating in the St. Petersburg Economic Forum.
Moussa said the situation in the Middle East is going round in “a vicious circle.”
“Israel is not ready for peace and proximity talks between Israel and Palestine have not given any results. What is happening now is just crisis management, but the problem has to be solved,” Moussa said.
Moussa called the current situation “just a waste of time.”‘
What would Moussa suggest, then?
We’re all ears, Mr Moussa.
Tags: Adem Ozkose, Amr Moussa, Arab League Secretary General, cropping pictures, Gercek Hayat Magazine, hold down an Israeli commando, knife cropped out, Mavi Marmara, peace activist knife, Pictures of injured Israeli marine, Pro-Palestinian activists, propaganda war, Reuters, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, Spot the difference, St. Petersburg Economic Forum, Truth, Turkey, Turkish newspaper Hürriyet, Turkish press, via IHH/Handout