4th August 2010
UPDATE – 25th October, 2010: “Reversion” personified: “My name is Lauren Booth, and I am a Muslim”. Hardly news, but now official.
NO-ONE TRIED TO KILL AMANUTJOB IN IRAN! HONEST GUV, said a source in his office. More or less. It is reported that it said so at Iran’s Press TV (now removed). And Lauren Booth works for them (in association with a few other noble Brits). So we know we can trust them. The Beeb in its usual way, is seeking out the truth.
Thanks to DayLife here for the above picture and caption
The Censuring of Lauren Booth
Lauren Booth, sister-in-law of former British prime minister Tony Blair, is a journalist and self-proclaimed pro-Palestinian activist. This video debunks one of the Big Lies spread by Booth that Gazans live in abject poverty and are starving.
We’re All Gazans Now! Aren’t we just?
Article below from Cif Watch –
You might remember Lauren Booth’s essay for Comment is Free, on the Mavi Marmara incident, published on 2 June 2010. Booth was a passenger on the 2008 Free Gaza boat and can be seen in this photo receiving a Gaza passport from Hamas leader, Ismail Haniyeh. (See CiF Watch’s post “How to be a Useful Idiot“)
Booth’s CiF piece included such objective passages as this, which not only defended the IHH terrorists on board the flotilla (portraying them as innocent victims of Israeli aggression), but used rhetoric simply dripping with sarcasm and unbridled contempt for the Jewish state:
“Let me ask you one final question that’s been troubling me, as sympathy for those apparently fragile Israeli commandos continues to pour in. If you were on a boat in the Mediterranean and hundreds of the world’s most notoriously violent soldiers started falling from the sky, wouldn’t you defend yourself? The brave human beings on the Mavi Marmara were acting in self-defence.”
As an excellent post at the blog of Honest Reporting (HR) noted, Lauren Booth was recently censured by Ofcom, the UK’s media standards authority, regarding her coverage of the Mavi Marmara incident. Regarding a broadcast on the June 5 edition of “Remember Palestine,” Ofcom found that her report on Press TV (an English language network owned by the Iranian regime), failed to show even a modicum of impartiality. (See Ofcom’s full report.) The report cited, among other breaches of ethical standards, these comments from the broadcast:
- Lauren Booth: “Israeli commandoes . . . committed a massacre of innocent civilians sailing aid ships to the besieged Gaza strip.”
- Lauren Booth: “This was obviously a barbarous attack on civilians.”
Ofcom’s report also chided Booth for failing to:
- “…balance the right to freedom of expression on one hand, with the need…to preserve due impartiality”
On these pages, many of us have noted the phenomena of so many seemingly sophisticated, highly educated, CiF columnists who possess what can, at best, be described as a remarkably facile view of the Middle East – blindly accepting a narrative of the Israeli Goliath doing battle with the Palestinian David. Such “progressive” journalists’ seeming erudition is reduced to an almost puerile naiveté when dealing with totalitarian terrorist movements – whose leaders are shamefully misogynistic and anti-gay, openly call for Israel’s annihilation, and engage in explicitly anti-Semitic invectives.
Booth, winner of HR’s 2008 Dishonest Reporting award, ended her CiF piece with the following (reportedly, while maintaining a straight face):
“…And because of [Israel’s actions] many died. Something of the hopeful child in me died with them.”
Yes, that pesky Jewish nation – not only randomly massacring innocent civilians, but corrupting the innocence of youth.
(See CiF Watch’s video, “The Lies of Lauren Booth”, for more background)
Earlier jewels from this insane woman. Sorry, Cherie. She just is.
- On CifWatch’s day off, try some ‘Easy Listening’. Watch Lauren Booth about “to vomit”
- Jenny Tonge and Lauren Booth – Traitors to Britain – Slaves of Iran’s Press TV
- Lauren Booth – Incitement to Racial Hatred charge (S.5 of the Public Order Act)?
- Lauren Booth – WHY Are You Lying About Tony?
Next for the high-jump after Ms Booth? Hopefully THIS equally vile Islamism-promoter, friend of Saddam and prize nincompoop
Because I like to provide the occasional giggle to keep the bad dreams away, guys and gals, I just HAD to add this from the vain, vile, vicious, treacherous George Galloway –
GG: “For that reason, I have been meeting with some of the world’s leading legal minds, and with those with the means to bring such a prosecution, with a view to seeing justice is done. Watch this space. Tony Blair certainly is.”
Excuse me a second – HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
That’s better. But –
“… the world’s leading legal minds … a prosecution … justice… Tony Blair certainly …”
Hysterical! Does he KNOW any “leading minds”? Looks like it, from the above pictures! And, btw, I wouldn’t even claim that Mr Blair watches THIS space, Gorgeous Loudmouth, and this space admires him. HUGELY.
Also reported at Britain’s Press Gazette. I bet that was painful for them. Censureship for an anti-westerner? Worrying. Getting nearer by the minute, punmpkins.
- Arrest George Galloway for inciting and threatening murder of 10,000 British citizens
- Muslims attack & threaten “filthy Kaffir” George Galloway with the gallows
- Audio: George Galloway discusses Chilcot Inquiry with Blair Supporter John Rentoul
- MP Galloway deported by Egypt, with all due “RESPECT”
- Video on the TRAITOR Galloway’s exclusion from Canada
- Canada bans George Galloway for ’supporting’ terrorists
- George Galloway is the New Churchill (picture)
- Galloway “A FAIR MAN” making an ASS of himself – Beats Jim Naughtie record …
- Galloway’s Gift to Hamas – The nearest he’ll get to Brains
- Galloway on Blair assassination plot. WHY exactly is it a ‘moral maze’
The law WILL catch up with you Galloway
RECENTLY at CIF Watch
- Update on Recent Clashes Between IDF and Lebanese Armed Forces
- Meet Yasser Kashlak: Virulent Anti-Semite and, oh yes, “Humanitarian”
- What The Guardian Refuses to Print
- A Subliminal Message from the Guardian
- When in Paris do as the Parisians do … just don’t do it in Israel.
- What The Guardian Refuses to Print
- Lauren Booth Censured by UK’s media standards authority
- “Moderate” Palestinian Leader, Abbas, Demands that a Future Palestinian State Must be Completely “Judenfrei”
- White Liberals and Politically Correct Racism
- Hamas Rocket Fire Destroys Rehabilitation Center for Special Needs Children (The Guardian Yawns)
- Robert Fisk says Hamas more moral than Israel
- How to be a “useful idiot” for Islamism – in a few easy steps!
- They Walk Among Us (A Personal Encounter with Religious Supremacists)
- Harriet Sherwood’s “Jerusalem Syndrome”
- Playing With Fire
Back to top
Sign the Ban Blair-Baiting petition here
A recent comment from an Albanian, Mr Leonard Dedej from Tirana – “It takes big leaders to make the hardest turns in peoples life…mr Blair is a big leader and a great man for millions of people in Balkans!!!for stopping a savage war!about Iraq I believe that the press wherever it is has not the right to judge on this issue because it simply is to small to judge!!history will judge mr Blair!as long as it is an ongoing war no one can blame mr Blair,after all he started something for a big reason..the press its often wrong because it fights for audience!!!”
Tags: all Gazans now, amanutjob, antisemitism, assassination attempt denied, Booth censured, brainwashing children, Cherie Blair sister, Cif, Cif Watch, comment is free, Daylife, flotilla, Gaza, George Galloway, Guardian, Lauren Booth censured, lies, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, media standards, OFCOM, politics images of the day, Press TV, standards watchdog, Tony Blair sister-in-law, toutube video