15th October 2010
UPDATE: Wilders has been found NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS. I should bloody well think so, too!
This afternoon, in the trial of the century thus far, the Dutch public prosecution department will state whether it believes anti-Islam campaigner Geert Wilders should be found guilty of inciting hatred and discrimination. Presumably, if they conclude there is no case to answer, the case is dismissed and Wilders walks free. No need for the defence to put its case? Or is it as simple as that? Updates here later.
Wafa Sultan defending Geert Wilders 1
Wafa Sultan defending Geert Wilders 2
Wafa Sultan defending Geert Wilders 3
I have cross-posted the below from TundraTabloid, including the above 3 videos.
Here is some stunning court testimony thanks to our never-sleeping Dutch to English translator, V.H.
The judge reads from testimony that was given by Dr. Wafa Sultan about the nature and threat of Islam to Western liberal democracy at the trial of Geert Wilders for whatever it is he is charged with. I phrase it this way because frankly, I feel he is charged with 1. Being Geert Wilders and 2. Not following the Frankfurt school party line on all things politically correct and incorrect.
In any case, this is a great couple of clips. Thanks to VH for the translation, and to The Baron over at Gates of Vienna for the formatting.
And in case you have not yet seen the Fitna videos, here are the main two parts.
Fitna part 1/4 English Geert Wilders!
Fitna part 2/4 English Geert Wilders!
Related and Etcetera
- “Geert Wilders verdict on 4 November” and related posts (metamagician3000.blogspot.com)
- Dutch government sworn in, lacks reform mandate (reuters.com)
- Vodpod: Wafa Sultan defending Geert Wilders
- Gates of Vienna: Testimony by Wafa Sultan at trial of Wilders
- Vlad Tepes: testimony of Dr Wafa Sultan
- Fitna: supporting documentation
- Islam Exposed: Geert Wilders on trial – testimony
- The Blogmocracy: Wilders – Islam or Freedom
- Radio Netherlands: Wilders down under, video
- Expose Islam petition
- The Samosa: UK sharia chief – ‘there is no such thing as rape within marriage’
- Atlas Shrugs: Muslims burning bibles – where is the outrage?
- Fatah official: “Our goal is not peace, but rather Palestine”
- Fatah leader, Abbas says “Israel can call itself whatever it wants. Our goal is peace.” It would seem that the “government” of Abbas will recognise Israel for international reasons, but his party won’t. Hmmm…
Sign the Ban Blair-Baiting petition here
“Mr. Blair is one of the finest politicians to have had the priviledge of serving the United Kingdom, and Britons are fortunate to have had him as their Prime Minister. Time will show that Mr. Blair’s approach to affairs in the Middle East were and remain correct. From a member of the Commonwealth, thank you, Mr. Blair, for your continued service to legitimate and lasting (and not convenient or politically expedient) freedom.”
AND – “Tony Blair was the greatest Prime Minister since Winston Churchill and the only regret I have he didn’t get my vote as I live in Canada.”
AND – “I am sick and tired of television and radio interviewers asking the same old questions over and over, regarding the decision to go to war in Iraq, presumably they hope Mr Blair will let slip some secret information which they would then use against him. History will show if the decision was the right one, (I believe it was) but people must accept that Tony Blair is a honourable man, and made his decision based on the known facts and not with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.”