Or – Tweet this post
22nd February 2011
BUT THEY WON’T GET ME. I’VE GOT MY UMBRELLA
I’m watching Gaddafi right now on SkyNews live, from Libyan State TV.
- He says he has no intention to step down as other leaders have.
- He says he is “defying the tyranny of the United States and Italy.” Italy? (Libya’s former colonial power.)
- “I’m not going to leave this land and I ‘m going to die here as a martyr.”
- He says he is “the leader of a revolution.”
- He also says “we defeated the United States and Great Britain.”
- He is calling for people to come out on the streets in support of him tomorrow.
- Orders his army and police to “crush uprising”
WILLIAM HAGUE SAYS – “THERE IS NO SUCH CONSPIRACY”
- Britain has raised this issue at the UN today.
- We will be assisting as many British citizens to leave Libya within the next 48 hrs by charter flight. Royal navy and commercial flights to evacuate British citizens from Libya.
- The HMS Cumberland will be re-positioned near Libya in case it is needed.
- In response to a question, Hague says Blair’s work with Gaddafi was the right thing to do, otherwise Gaddafi would still have WMD. But he said that he and Cameron disagreed on the release of Megrahi (Scottish government’s decision, NOT Blair’s.)
O, FGS, Gaddafi is now reading from his green book! It seems he could go on in this way for several more hours.
Tim Marshall at Sky News is one of the best we have on reporting any of the goings-on in this Middle East Democracy Outbreak.
Sign the Ban Blair-Baiting petition here
I am staggered by all the hate directed towards our former Prime Minister. I believe that Tony Blair made the Iraq decision in good faith and is most certainly NOT a war criminal. If anyone should be tried at the Hague it should be those in the media for totally misrepresenting the information and facts. The media are to blame for fuelling this hatred as it is purely driven by them. (UK)