- Current Latest Page
- All Contents of Site – Index
- New blog – The Feral Press
- Sign the Ban Blair-Baiting petition here
21st June 2011
Or – Tweet this post
Daily Mail/Associated Papers singalong
“Oh Carole, we are but the fools -“
SEX SELLS. SO LET’S FIND SOME
Sex, a pretty lady and a married politician sells, as we all know. Some might suggest (but of course I wouldn’t as the issue is sub judice) that if a certain newspaper can’t get a certain politician for, say, war crimes or for being rich or for not being a Tory, they’ll get down and dirty to get him any other way. Some might suggest.
Yesterday Carole Caplin was given the green light [judgement here] to sue the Daily Mail [Associated Newspapers] over this 21st Sep 2010 article by Alison Boshoff – “Is Carole Caplin about to blow the lid on Tony & Cherie Blair’s sex secrets?”
The article contained such suggestive gems as –
- How much money would she get for telling all about the massages she gave Mr Blair at Chequers?
- The fear, then and now, was that she could ‘finish’ the Blairs.
- Her ex-boyfriend, the con man Peter Foster, certainly always thought that she could, and one suspects he knew more about their friendship than he told.
- ‘The first thing she always does is get you to take off all your clothes and then tell her all your secrets,’ a source said. ‘She is quite brilliant at forging these intense bonds.’
- It’s been known that she gave Mr Blair neck massages, and that she had a pet name for him – Toblerone – but it was never said that she was the one manipulating his image.
- The problem was that you could never put her on TV because there was always this nudge-nudge, wink-wink thing going on about Tony and massage and she was not willing to put the full version out there.
“INCAPABLE – MEANINGS – BEARING – SUSPICION – BANE – ANTIDOTE” !?!
Check out this section below from THE LEGAL JUDGEMENT and see if you can decipher the defence’s legalese. Beats me! –
The submissions of the parties
- Ms Catrin Evans who appears for the Defendant does not suggest the pleaded meanings are incapable of being defamatory of the Claimant, but that the words are incapable of bearing those meanings. Her submissions focused on the issue of suspicion. She contends that the article is incapable of giving rise to the suspicion (in summary) that Ms Caplin will “spill the beans” – the essence of the meanings pleaded in paragraph 5.1, 5.3 and 5.4 of the Particulars of Claim – as this is a case where the Claimant has focused on the “bane” and ignored the “antidote”.
Priceless, isn’t it?
RELATED PRESS REPORTS
- Guardian’s coverage of this story
- Telegraph –“Carole Caplin: I didn’t sleep with Tony Blair”
- Also reported at the Press Gazette
Excerpt from The Express –
TONY and Cherie Blair’s former lifestyle guru Carole Caplin yesterday got the go-ahead to bring a libel case over her alleged portrayal as “some sort of sexpot or randy masseuse”.
Ms Caplin’s advocate David Price QC complained that a September 2010 newspaper article also gave the impression she was a “Svengali or Rasputin-type figure” in the Blairs’ marriage.
Mrs Justice Sharpe backed the 49-year-old’s claim that the article could mean that massages she gave to Tony Blair involved sexual activity, which she denies.
It is also claimed and supported by the judge that the Daily Mail article headed “Will Carole Caplin lift the lid on Blairs’ marriage?” could bear the defamatory meanings complained of.
SUGGESTED – SORT OF RELATED – SORT OF SUGGESTIVELY (some might suggest)
In a 2008 article from the Daily Mail – Cherie reveals Alastair Campbell “fury” over Carole Caplin’s topless photos. And in March 2004 – the Australia’s Sidney Morning Herald had this –
Tony Blair was ‘intimate’ with my girlfriend: Foster
Convicted con man Peter Foster yesterday went public with the astonishing claim that his former fiancée, style guru Carole Caplin, conducted an intimate relationship with British Prime Minister Tony Blair.
He alleged that while he was living with Ms Caplin in London in 2002, Mr Blair was “the other man” in her life.
Speaking exclusively to The Sun-Herald from his Gold Coast home, Foster, the self-styled “human headline”, said his revelations could bring down the British Prime Minister. He boasted that his 140,000-word, unpublished memoirs carried “a weapon of mass destruction” that he would unleash on No. 10 Downing Street in coming days.
He joked that Mr Blair need not worry about WMDs from Baghdad because they would be launched from the Gold Coast.
Asked why anyone should believe the revelations of the slimming tea promoter who had been jailed in the UK, the US and Australia, Foster said: “I was there, I am an eyewitness to what happened and Tony Blair knows that I know the truth.”
He said: “The heart of my book is the extraordinary influence that Carole has over Tony.
“The British public’s greatest misconception is that Carole and Cherie Blair are the star relationship. The true relationship is between Carole and Tony.
Claiming he gained a critical insight into the Blair household, Foster said: “I believe that Carole is in love with Tony, and I was caught in that triangle.
Foster’s barrister, Sean Cousins, will fly to London tomorrow to retrieve emails and documents given to UK Daily Mail reporter Richard Shears, who helped ghost-write Foster’s memoirs entitled A Question Of Deceit.
A question of deceit, eh?
Btw, here is a more recent recording of the great Neil Sedaka in London –
Sign the Ban Blair-Baiting petition here
I am staggered by all the hate directed towards our former Prime Minister. I believe that Tony Blair made the Iraq decision in good faith and is most certainly NOT a war criminal. If anyone should be tried at the Hague it should be those in the media for totally misrepresenting the information and facts. The media are to blame for fuelling this hatred as it is purely driven by them. (UK)