25th October 2010
Another upload of this video from Islam Channel LIVE says – “Lauren Booth reverts LIVE at the GPU”
At around 2:50 in the video on her spiritual “morphine moment” – [spiritual morphine? Doesn't morphine DULL the senses as well as the pain (the pain of being free to convert/revert)?] – at the ”Global Peace and Unity event, this once Roman Catholic woman says proudly, her young daughter by her side – “My name is Lauren Booth and I am a Muslim.”
To each his/her own. Although quite why she had to make this religious (political) statement in public is worth asking. Clearly HER religious beliefs are not private and personal, for reasons best known to herself.
In case you thought by the shots of the audience that this event was in the Middle East, it wasn’t. It took place at Excel, London, yesterday and Saturday.
This commitment to Islam is hardly news to me anyway, if it is to her. She was clearly heading that way when she said at a Gaza protest in London - “we are all Palestinians now”. And when she started working for Iran’s Press TV some years ago, and when she wore her oh-so-suitable and requisite head-covering when broadcasting her anti-west rants in an Islamic country, as in the picture on the right.
SO WHAT’S ALL THIS ‘REVERSION’ BUSINESS?
It is worth noting the use of the word “reverts” in the title of this version of her conversion. No other religion has the bare-faced audacity to claim that we were all Christian/Jewish/Hindus/Buddhists etc at birth. But we were ALL MUSLIMS first, don’t you know? Even before we were born into our Christian/Jewish/Hindu/Buddhist families. Even before Islam itself appeared on the religious/political horizon. Even though Islam was the last of the three major “Abrahamic” religions to find itself.
What senseless processing of upside-down thinking. To describe this self-servicing nonsense as “illogical” is to be euphemistic to a dangerous degree. Apologies if you accept this innate or learned doltishness. You should understand that many millions of us don’t, can’t, and never will. So, what are you going to do about it, bully boys?
Below, in these sections on Reversion and Apostasy, it may become clearer to you just why I ask this question in what some might describe as a confrontational manner. Read on Macduff …
1. ‘REVERSION’ (‘conversion’, to non-Muslims) – explained here at Islam Online
We want to introduce you to the use of the term reverting to Islam instead of converting. This term is used among Muslims because we believe all babies are born Muslim and are socialized into different religions by their parents; so when a person enters into Islam, he or she is ‘coming back to’ or ‘reverting’ to their original religion.
And if you accept that you also worship at the altar of the consistent logic that says we were all Romans first, including those of the Egyptian Empire which preceded the Roman Empire by 4000 years.
Ms Booth in her new-found ‘enlightened’ existence promises – “I will seek to serve the Ummah as best I can”. [Ummah = Muslim peoples.] But quite why she prayed to Allah, PRIOR to converting reverting to Islam is beyond my simple understanding. As my Christian minister in Scotland used to say repeatedly, in order to quell doubters no doubt – “God is beyond our comprehension”. And so, some may say, may God remain.
Perhaps it escapes some minds that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a Muslim to “revert” back out of Islam.
2. ‘APOSTASY’ (leaving Islam)
[Apostasy in Islam - sorry this 'explanation' is so long-winded, but Islam requires a lot of wriggle room, I have found.] It rambles about and argues this and that, against itself at times, as is often Islam’s hook-dodging habit. But perhaps this excerpts sums it up: [MY BOLDING]
‘These verses clarify the command “seize them and kill them”. The apostates who rejected Islam by failing to emigrate as commanded by God are divided into three categories:
- 1) Those who ally themselves with a group with whom Muslims have a peace treaty;
- 2) Those who want to keep neutrality, committing themselves to peace with both the Muslims and their own people who had not accepted Islam;
- 3) Those who provide no real guarantee of peace to Muslims and by all indications ally themselves with non-believers engaged in hostilities towards Islam.
The first two types of apostates are to be left in peace while the third one is to be treated like any non-believers in a state of war: they are to be seized and killed wherever they are found. Notice that the Qur`an uses the words “God has opened no way for you against them” in connection with the apostates of the first two types. This means that the Qur`an actually prohibits killing those apostates who want to live in peaceful terms with the Muslims.
Thus according to the Qur`an the apostates are to be treated like other kuffar: If they want to live in peace with the Muslims, they are to be left in peace and if they assume a hostile attitude, then they are to be treated accordingly.’
[Graphic, updated daily, from "Religion of Peace" here.]
So, in this world where Muslims kill in terrorists attacks almost daily, if we, non-Muslims or complaining Muslims such as former Islamist terrorist Tawfik Hamid don’t assume a non-hostile attitude(!) in response we are to be treated as apostates according to the good books of Islam. In other words if you defend freedom, freedom of religion, conversion, the rights of women, apostates, adulterers or homosexuals – loosen your shirt collar for that beheading, my ‘hostile’ friends.
“Kuffar” in case you don’t know are unbelievers. Unbelievers in (pure) Islam, that is … whatever that is.
And this information is from a site which aspires to be an authority on Islam.
Information from the YouTube site:
wais910 | 23 October 2010
Lauren Booth went to the mosque of Hazrat Ma’suma (as) – the sister of the 8th Imam of the AhlulBayt(as), Imam Redha (as) – is buried in Iran.
It is in the city of Qom, where Hazrat Ma’suma(as) died. Imam Redha(as) died in another city called Mashad.
I think when sister Lauren Booth hears the psuedo-salafis (wahabi influenced) telling her “shias and iran are kaafir and mushriks, etc” she will be very shaken from such an arrogant / unity-breaking mindset. May Allah(swt) protect her from any physical and spiritual and ideological harm.
Oh Ummah of Muhammad(sawa)! LET US UNITE!
So even this YouTube Channel highlights the differences within and throughout Islam. Facts of which the naive and gullible Ms Booth seems to be entirely unaware.
Perhaps her new friends will help Lauren, who once appeared in the reality TV show – I’m a Celebrity, Get me out of Here” – pay off her debt to her sister Cherie, recently secured. Cherie, it seems, lent her half-sister Lauren £10,000 but only after a lot of thought. Since Lauren has been and still is an outspoken critic of Mr Blair Cherie was probably half-hearted in her willingness to help the black sheep of the family. But, truly Christianly and lawyerly-like, she did in the end. Though Lauren had to sign a several-page legal document drawn up by Cherie to secure the funds. Very wise, Cherie.
Even Ms Booth’s poor brainwashed pre-teen daughter, clearly a convert too, praises Allah. Or says something earth-shatteringly well received in a language which she now contentedly considers truly hers, morphine-like in its addiction.
What about your child, our mother, your home when Palestinians bomb them, Lauren? Or when Islamist fundamentalist terrorists do? Allah’s will?
Not that her trip to that bastion of freedom, Iran, tells us anything about the poor woman’s state of mind. Doctor, doctor!
Tony Blair’s sister-in-law has converted to Islam after having a ‘holy experience’ in Iran.
Broadcaster and journalist Lauren Booth, 43 – Cherie Blair’s half-sister – said she now wears a hijab head covering whenever she leaves her home, prays five times a day and visits her local mosque ‘when I can’.
She decided to become a Muslim six weeks ago after visiting the shrine of Fatima al-Masumeh in the city of Qom.
‘It was a Tuesday evening and I sat down and felt this shot of spiritual morphine, just absolute bliss and joy,’ she told The Mail on Sunday.
When she returned to Britain, she decided to convert immediately.
‘Now I don’t eat pork and I read the Koran every day. I’m on page 60.
‘I also haven’t had a drink in 45 days, the longest period in 25 years. The strange thing is that since I decided to convert I haven’t wanted to touch alcohol, and I was someone who craved a glass of wine or two at the end of a day.’
Refusing to discount the possibility that she might wear a burka, she said: ‘Who knows where my spiritual journey will take me?’
Before her awakening in Iran, she had been ‘sympathetic’ to Islam and has spent considerable time working in Palestine. ‘I was always impressed with the strength and comfort it gave,’ she said of the religion.
Miss Booth, who works for Press TV, the English-language Iranian news channel, has been a vocal opponent of the war in Iraq.
In August 2008 she travelled to Gaza by ship from Cyprus, along with 46 other activists, to highlight Israel’s blockade of the territory. She was subsequently refused entry into both Israel and Egypt.
In 2006 she was a contestant on the ITV reality show I’m A Celebrity . . . Get Me Out Of Here!, donating her fee to the Palestinian relief charity Interpal.
She said she hoped her conversion would help Mr Blair change his presumptions about Islam.
[Pic above. Influential position: Lauren Booth hopes her conversion will have an influence on how her brother-in-law - former Prime Minister Tony Blair - views Islam. Mr Blair is pictured here with his wife - Lauren's half-sister - Cherie Blair]
- The Independent – “Though the group she joins as woman convert is small, it is a vocal one. Ms Booth’s colleague at Press TV, former war correspondent Yvonne Ridley, converted to Islam in 2003 after being captured by the Taliban in Afghanistan.”
- Ed West at The Telegraph asks, “Why would Laren Booth become a Muslim”. He suggests something to do with re-visiting 1968, aka the year that changed the world/shaped a generation. Let’s see – the Vietnam war – Harold Wilson’s “backing Britain” campaign – Martin Luther shot dead – Lyndon Jonson signs civil rights act – Enoch Powell’s Rivers of Blood speech – Paris strikes and student uprisings - Beatles launch Apple Records – Robert Kennedy shot dead – Saddam Hussein begins his ascent in Iraq after a coup – Prague spring of political liberalisation – the start of the Troubles in Derry, Northern Ireland. A busy year, true. Unfinished business? Perhaps, but none of it explains why a seemingly intelligent western woman embraces a politicised religion which insists on taking 1960s feminists back at least a couple of centuries. There’s got to be another reason.
- Holgers Awakens – Isn’t it just peachy?
- Bare Naked Islam – Tony Blair’s sister-in-law has lost her mind
- Infidel Bloggers’ Alliance – Tony Blair’s sister-in-law becomes Muslim bimbo
- Vlad Tepes - “Stupidity knows no colour or nationality. Tony Blair’s sister in law ‘reverts’”
- Lauren Booth converts to Islam (guardian.co.uk)
- “Tony Blair’s Sister Becomes Muslim Bimbo, Now Reads Koran Every Day, “I’m on Page 60″” and related posts
- Gaza documentary ‘not impartial’ (independent.co.uk)
- Baroness Warsi pulls out of Muslim conference amid claims of Tory concerns
- Pope calls for freedom of worship (as in the west) in Middle East
- Mail: Cafe owner in Stockport ordered to remove extractor fan as smell of frying bacon offends passing Muslims Yes. That’s what is reported here. Soon? No exhaling if you eat bacon? You have been warned.
- Kim Sengupta: Insulting Islam can have lethal repercussions on battlefield (independent.co.uk)
On the other hand – here is Tony Blair defending Islam (audio only) and part 2 here. There is no information provided, except the uploaded date of June 2010. I believe it would have been in the last few weeks of his time as Prime Minister, between April and June 2007. He refers to the Siddiqui Report which was released in April 2007. According to more recent reports and even his own book where he asks “if the war on terror is not a war, what is it?”, Mr Blair has been re-articulating his thoughts.
So does Tony Blair still today, October 2010, believe that Islam is unquestionably and without reservation a ‘religion of moderation and modernity’?
He still works with determination and conviction to bring religions together. But that is another matter.
Earlier posts here on Lauren Booth
- Lies of Lauren Booth UNCOVERED by Media Standards Watchdog OFCOM
- Watch Lauren Booth BRAINWASHING her own children. As does Hamas with the rest of us
- On CifWatch’s day off, try some ‘Easy Listening’. Watch Lauren Booth about “to vomit”
- Jenny Tonge and Lauren Booth – Traitors to Britain – Slaves of Iran’s Press TV
- Lauren Booth – Incitement to Racial Hatred charge (S.5 of the Public Order Act)?
- Lauren Booth – WHY Are You Lying About Tony?
Sign the Ban Blair-Baiting petition here
“Mr. Blair is one of the finest politicians to have had the privilege of serving the United Kingdom, and Britons are fortunate to have had him as their Prime Minister. Time will show that Mr. Blair’s approach to affairs in the Middle East were and remain correct. From a member of the Commonwealth, thank you, Mr. Blair, for your continued service to legitimate and lasting (and not convenient or politically expedient) freedom.”
AND – “Tony Blair was the greatest Prime Minister since Winston Churchill and the only regret I have he didn’t get my vote as I live in Canada.”
AND – “I am sick and tired of television and radio interviewers asking the same old questions over and over, regarding the decision to go to war in Iraq, presumably they hope Mr Blair will let slip some secret information which they would then use against him. History will show if the decision was the right one, (I believe it was) but people must accept that Tony Blair is an honourable man, and made his decision based on the known facts and not with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.”