14th November 2010
Update: But worry not, the Great British legal system got the bastard – and fined him £50!
DETECTING & DISSECTING BBC news BIAS …
Poppy burning and the arrest of an EDL member who didn’t approve of poppy burning
Whatever happened to the actual poppy burners? I don’t know. Do you?
This post is a propos nothing all that important, apart from their coverage of the Remembrance Service in London. And my good friend John Rentoul has picked up on it with “Where Oh Where is Tony Blair?”. This bias has already been mentioned here today regarding
But if our combined efforts don’t entirely convince you I thought you should know that in my humble opinion the BBC’s utterly brainwashed brainwashing continues to wash over many a brain, brainy or brainless. Got it?
This headline, if you know the WHOLE story, is very revealing:
It’s getting easier by the day to detect and dissect BBC bias against Tony Blair, the Iraq war, and any suggestion that we have one or two problems with some of our immigrant Muslim population.
I’m almost tempted to wonder if they are in cahoots with all three main political parties, whose political ‘correctness’ and fear of civil unrest puts them in constant denial mode.
As if the headline wasn’t misleading enough – remember this is in essence or SHOULD be a story about Muslims burning the poppy on Remembrance Day – the BBC’s coverage got worse. Far worse.
The only saving grace in this BBC report was the picture showing who the REAL villains of the piece/peace were – MUSLIM DEMONSTRATORS. And the burning poppy was, by the time this picture was taken, hardly recognisable as the emblem of our war dead. The fallen from ALL wars.
I contend that the BBC website only used that picture AT ALL in order to defend itself from the accurate accusation that their news item showed bias against Britain, OUR country, and foreign policy.
Not until we get to sentence four in the item do we get to the nub of the issue. In the first three sentences it is all about an EDL (English Defence League) member who was arrested and charged with assaulting a police officer.
I think this whole article deserves line by line, almost word by word dissection.
But before I do that, here some videos and more pictures of the disgraceful behaviour by people who have NO understanding of the meaning of freedom. Pictures perhaps a touch more graphic than the BBC’s, on the ABSOLUTE DISGRACE OF MUSLIMS burning the poppy at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.
UK Muslim’s Burning Poppy’s on Remembrance Day
For the entire TWO minutes that most of the country stopped in silent commemoration this crowd – who quite frankly should be locked up – permanently – yelled “British troops burn in hell”. Interspersed, when they could stretch their single shared brain cell, with – “British troops murderers … British troops terrorists”. At the end of this video they burn the poppy. This started the reaction from EDL members after which one was arrested. WHY, you might ask, since they were somewhere very near this crowd, do we not hear the EDL screaming about these Muslims burning in hell? Simple. They are civilised, and BRITISH. These members of Anjem Choudary’s latest incarnation of Islam4UK – MUSLIMS AGAINST CRUSADES – may be legal citizens of our country. But they are NOT BRITISH.
To the politicians in this blighted land of ours – time is short. It really is.
And a quickie as these creatures become stars for the cameras for a few moments. Sweethearts, eh?
Muslim protesters burn poppy at remembrance 2010
But on London Tonight, ITV news reported it thus:
Muslims burn poppy in London on Remembrance day
And here are some more pleasant pictures of this country’s creatures of hate –
OUR poppy, you dullard, is not about the Middle East.
See – ‘In Flanders Field the poppies grow…’ (1915- WW1)
Pictures above via Politics Ireland site here
So let’s just check the balance of the BBC’s news report. The references to the EDL members are in blue, those to Muslims Against Crusades in red.
‘The founder of the English Defence League (EDL) has been charged with assaulting a police officer during a confrontation with Islamic protesters.
Stephen Lennon, 27 of Luton, was held as the Muslims Against Crusades group burnt poppies in Kensington, west London, during a two-minute silence to mark the anniversary of Armistice Day.
Five other members of EDL have been arrested on suspicion of affray.
Two Muslim protesters have been arrested for public order offences.
As the clock struck 1100 GMT, Islamic protesters burned a model of a poppy and chanted “British soldiers burn in hell”.
One police officer was taken to hospital with a head injury sustained during clashes as about 50 men linked to EDL were kept separate as they shouted abuse.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said Mr Lennon had been released on bail and would appear at West London Magistrates’ Court on 22 November.
He said four other men, aged 41, 42, 19 and 18, all arrested on suspicion of affray, had been released on bail until mid-December.
The spokesman added that the two members of Muslims Against Crusades, aged 25 and 30, had been bailed until mid-December pending further inquiries.’
That’s 5 sentences MAINLY about the EDL and 3 about the MAF. The second sentence from the end is vague.
Taken as a whole this is BBC BIAS. Nothing less.
Also, take NOTE of the differences in response to being arrested between the EDL member and the Muslims Against Crusades member as sourced from here
EDL member – (A FAIR COP, GUV)
‘Stephen Lennon, the founder of the English Defence League, has been charged with assaulting a police officer, following a showdown between the anti-Islam group and members of the fundamentalist organisation Muslims Against Crusades.
On the Facebook page “English Defence League (EDL)”, which appears to be run by Mr Lennon, a message was left which said, “i wanna thank everyone that was there yesterday. as i said in Leicester we will combat militant islam where ever it raises its backward medieval paedophilic disturbed head. been charged with assaulting a copper, apparently as i took one of the scums sticks and swang it, it hit a coppers face behind me.”
MUSLIMS AGAINST CRUSADES site – (HARSHLY ARRESTED BY THE OPPRESSIVE BRITISH POLICE)
“Unfortunately, as is the case with the dictatorial British regime, who are unable to live up to their supposed values of freedom and democracy, two Muslim participants were harshly arrested, by the oppressive British police.
“We ask Allah (SWT) to accept the actions of all the Muslims that attended and we moreover pledge that we will never stop condemning the British regime nor their allies until all British soldiers are withdrawn from foreign (Muslim) countries and until the justice of Islam is implemented all over the world.”
So, as well as expecting your Allah to forgive you lot for disrespecting the dead of all wars for the last 100 years, you’re giving your host country TWO provisos? Withdraw from foreign (Muslim) countries AND even then let you creatures set up your barbaric, medieval sharia law in OUR land?
FORGET IT. Forget ALL of it.
They want oppression? The sort they’d get in their historic familial homelands? They’re going to get it if they keep up this behaviour.
Btw, THESE must be the “oppressive British Police” they were on about:
Police overwhelmed by rioting “students”. Too many students today. Too few brains.
- UK Muslim cab driver refuses to pick up serviceman because he was dressed in an RAF uniform
- I expect he’s already been sacked. NOT! Unlike this radio presenter in Bristol who was sacked. Coincidentally, she too was a BBC employee. Until they sacked her. Of course the taxi company did NOT sack their Muslim telephone operator who broke customer confidentiality by ringing the BBC to inform them of the utter un-pc-ness of Sam Mason.
- In case you thought it was only the British press in perverted denial take a look at this from Atlas Shrugs. “A friend of mine ….. has a bumper sticker that says “Freedom Yes! Sharia Law, No!”… He and his wife are each former military and are attending college on the GI bill. They have a large Somali population in their area, probably because of the RRP program (below). A week ago when he was walking to his car in the school parking lot he was assaulted by a man but was able to fight him off and get away. Two days ago, he was once again walking to his car in the school parking lot and a knife wielding assailant stabbed him in the chest. The information is below:
- The Sun – sick protesters torch poppy – some pictures here of the British police protecting this gang, FGS, and the staff at Lloyd’s of London showing what love of one’s country really means.
- “Horrific sight as Muslims burn poppy” – and a video from an American moderate Muslim.
- And in Italy an Israeli student was attacked by a Muslim gang, and it seems, the police did nothing
MORE reports on the Burning Poppy
- EDL Leader Tommy Robinson arrested (politics.ie)
- EDL leader charged after Islamic extremist clash (thejc.com)
- EDL founder charged with assault (mirror.co.uk)
- UK: Muslim protestors disrupt Armistice Day commemoration: “British soldiers burn in hell,” “Islam will dominate” (jihadwatch.org)
- Muslims clash with police after burning poppy in anti-Armistice Day protest (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Sun finds poppy thugs (thesun.co.uk)
- EDL trio charged after Speakers Corner scuffle (thejc.com)
- “Poppy-burning Muslim protesters mar Armistice Day commemorations as millions fall silent to remember war dead” and related posts (vladtepesblog.com)
- Armistice Day: protesters burn poppy (telegraph.co.uk)
- “British Muslims Burn National Symbol Of Remembrance” and related posts (joshuapundit.blogspot.com)
Sign the Ban Blair-Baiting petition here
“All countries need a leader who isn’t afraid to fight terrorism. I believe Mr. Blair did a necessary job in helping his allies. Are we all just supposed to lie down and wait for them to come for us, I don’t think so.”
And – “Mr. Blair is one of the finest politicians to have had the privilege of serving the United Kingdom, and Britons are fortunate to have had him as their Prime Minister. Time will show that Mr. Blair’s approach to affairs in the Middle East were and remain correct. From a member of the Commonwealth, thank you, Mr. Blair, for your continued service to legitimate and lasting (and not convenient or politically expedient) freedom.”
AND – “Tony Blair was the greatest Prime Minister since Winston Churchill and the only regret I have he didn’t get my vote as I live in Canada.”
AND – “I am sick and tired of television and radio interviewers asking the same old questions over and over, regarding the decision to go to war in Iraq, presumably they hope Mr Blair will let slip some secret information which they would then use against him. History will show if the decision was the right one, (I believe it was) but people must accept that Tony Blair is an honourable man, and made his decision based on the known facts and not with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.”